Every year, Oakwood sends students out into the community to show faith in action. From doing yardwork for senior citizens to distributing free smoke alarms, students can choose from a wide range of projects.
This year, AGAPE Day is on Tuesday, October 6. For those with a special penchant for libraries, the Huntsville–Madison County Public Library has two projects available: painting a training room and deep-cleaning the Youth Services room. If you’re not sure how to sign up for a project, follow these steps:
- Go to oakwood.collegiatelink.net and sign in with your Oakwood credentials.
2. Scroll down to “News,” and under the “AGAPE Day” story, click “Read More.”
3. Make sure you’re not already committed to a project through your club or OU 101 class.
3. If you’re not already part of a project, click on the “Events” tab.
4. Scroll through the available projects. You can see who else has RSVP’d for a project by clicking “View RSVPs.”
5. When you’ve decided what project you want to do, click “RSVP to Event.”
… and that’s it! If you have any other questions, check out this document. Remember to wear your 4-Him T-Shirt, and we’ll see you in the Oakwood University Church parking lot at 8 a.m. next Tuesday!
Image credit: Work gloves by Alexis on Pixabay.